Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Smoooooooooth

We received a VitaMix for Christmas from A's parents.  I had no idea how much of a thing this was until my sister-in-law D clued me in.  And we've used it nearly every day since.  Smoothies with whole fruits/veg/ice, sauces, hummus.  I mean, I put an entire carrot, in huge chunks, and it is pulverized to deliciousness in a few seconds.  I even chopped an apple, cole-slaw style, for a salad tonight.  I love this appliance!  Some of our better smoothies: 


Orange, carrot, banana, pineapple, orange juice, ice.


Blueberries, protein powder, banana, milk, whole apple, ice.


Carrots, orange, orange juice, coconut milk, pineapple, ice.

There've been some flops too.  No one liked the spinach smoothie.  Well, I did but no one else.  And one avocado one was a little, um, odd.  

2 comments:

Christie said...

It cracks me up that you tried an avocado smoothie. Cracks. Me. Up. I might have to try the other three, though. Hen is a sucker for a good smoothie. Also, have you tried some soft tofu in there, yet? It's a good thickener, plus protein. Yay!

Dr. A said...

Christie - great idea! I'll pick up soft tofu on the next shopping trip. We go through a LOT of tofu in this house.