Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nostrils are not pockets



Yesterday, a stick-on jewel from a homemade valentine emerged from my purse, dropping onto the floor of the Oakland airport.  Robin picked it up and admired it.  It was, in fact, from her valentine, and had fallen off when I put the card into my bag to save.  

On the way home she complained that her nose was stuffed.  I was feeling a little under the weather and assumed she was coming down with something. 

This morning, after breakfast, she sneezed.  A big sneeze.  A big juicy sneeze.  And from her left nostril emerged a strangely colored booger. I had her blow, but it didn't come out.  So I had her blow again.  This came out:


The penny is for sizing purposes.  I believe the jewel is larger than her actual nostril.  

No comments: