Saturday, September 22, 2012

Project: Manatee Lollipop

I got these sweet candy molds today. I know it's hard to see what they will be but stick with me. I thought they would be metal or something a bit more durable than a sheet of plastic and that I'd be able to make some hard-candy lollipops.  But chocolate lollipops are just as delicious, no? 


I put the lollipop sticks in (got a huge pack for a few dollars at Michael's)


I also got some melting chocolate wafers there.  They come in just about every color of the rainbow!  Purple seemed nice.


I poured the melted chocolate into the molds.  And kinda sloppily smooshed/smoothed the top.  Have to work on that technique.


Let it harden for a few hours, and voila!  A mama and baby manatee lollipop.  OK, it's not super pretty yet.  But a few more attempts and they'll be lovely! 


Sweeeeeet. 

No comments: