Sunday, August 9, 2009

Confession #1

Brian just headed off to his first foray back to PDX for work-related purposes.

We are not home more than 5 minutes before Erin is set up in front of the TV, watching Elmo, munching off a small plate of McDonalds fries, small hamburger, and milk.

Thank goodness his trips are only every 3 weeks.

Update: Well, she taught me. She eschewed the fries & burger and instead ate cherry tomatoes, noodles, and yogurt and quickly tired of Sesame Street and asked to color. There's hope yet.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Does that mean he'll be up here when Andrew's down in your neck of the woods? Could that be right? If so, maybe we can set the kids up on a Skype/McDonald's dinner date because believe you me, I do not cook when he's out of town.

(Plus, milk is totally healthy.)

Carol said...

Since I had a travelling husband, I can totally relate to this!!! Perfectly normal by my accounting.....

Christie said...

I had similar meals and entertainment when Darr was living in San Jose and traveling home for the weekends. Coloring is an underrated activity for children and adults alike.

MissMVK said...

Funny! My blog post title today is "Confession." Great minds! Also, shhhhh do not tell my (traveling) husband, but we have our evenings of tv on while we eat dinner too. :) Happy to hear a McMiller is back in the PNW if only for a few days!

Kathleen said...

we were watching Food TV last night and trying to play with B, but she kept squirming around to watch the TV too. I felt really bad until I realized that we were watching the Sesame Street Cake Bake-Off Challenge, so it is really ok b/c it's just like watching Sesame Street! am I right?

Dr. A said...

Kathleen, that is too funny. E and I were watching that too. She wanted nothing to do with it, even though Elmo was one of the creations (very impressive, indeed)

MissMVK - your "confession" TOTALLY tops mine. Glad our bellies will grow together!

Mary said...

I'm in the "eat cereal for dinner and let the kids sleep in your bed" camp when it comes to spousal work travel.