Monday, August 5, 2013

Two Sewing Projects

1. We're totally behind on blogging.  It's been a busy summer.  Expect a flurry of posts when school starts.

2. Brian has taken the girls on a 2-day camping trip. I'm enjoying my mini mommy vacation.

Here's what tonight brought:

First, Erin has mentioned she doesn't have a "lovie" blanket as Robin does.  So I made two nearly matching little lovie blankets.  They have the same black polka-dot fleece backing with the same red-heart on cream background front. But one has purple stain trim, one has red.  I bet I'll have to make a second one of either the purple or red so each girl has the same thing.  So goes sibling squabbles.


The second project was a small bag made from three fat quarters.  These I made *exactly* the same and plan on personalizing with fabric pens once the girls get home.  I was super pleased with the funky fabric, the contrasting orange/red thread, and how it was so simple.  It will make a good little diddy bag for our next adventure! 


No comments: