Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Will wonders never cease?

Sorry for the blurry shot: I didn't want to risk waking her with the flash.


 OK, so it's a small wonder here.  This is the 2nd time Robin has accepted a pacifier.  We're not an anti-paci family; whatever tool works is the right tool, especially when it comes to soothing a baby.  Robin is just not very accepting of non-human pacifiers.  So today is a special occasion.

Erin used to be the same way.  The only time she'd take a pacifier was when taking naps at her awesome PDX daycare.  And she was always in one particular swing.  They had to go buy more swings because Erin would commandeer the swing every day.  Confession time: sometimes when I picked her up, the only way I could tell, at first, which one was my baby was because she was in the swing.  Most days she was in different clothes from when I dropped her off, and really, babies do all kinda look alike, right? I felt totally bad about it until I saw a mom during pick up look questioningly at the teachers, and the teacher pointed out which babe was hers.

Oops, digression.  This post is about Robin.  So, let's speculate.  Since she took the binkie once before and seemed to accept it once again, maybe she'll accept a bottle, (which she also has only taken one other time).

Let's hope. 


4 comments:

Christie said...

I'm sending all my hope vibes your way that little Robin takes a bottle so you can have a break. She's totally adorable all the time.

Neko said...

Good Luck! I was Neko's human paci for a loooong time and boy was I exhausted. Ever has taken nicely to her paci and bottle thank goodness. That paci suits Robin well. She looks very content. Keep it up little one.

Abcdpdx said...

I know--Anneke was not big on the paci, either! or the bottle! hope this keeps up!

Nicole, Billy, Timothy and Lyla said...

Timothy never took one either, even at dcp, until he started teething and then he'd chew on the non-nipple part. And it's looking like Lyla is going to be a thumb girl...