Sunday, August 3, 2008

Go, Magic Pony!


Ash and I ran in a marathon relay this weekend with friends Becky and Ang.  It was a big day, with hundreds of other people picnicking, listening to the bands, playing in the bouncy castle, getting faces painted, drinking beer.  Oh yeah, and running.

Our team had the fear-inducing name "Magic Pony".  It's all about the mind games.  

Here's Ash finishing her third lap with our talisman, the Magic Pony.  Please note that without the sweatbands she is not completely wearing the required uniform.  She claims it was an oversight.


Here's me and Erin in the bouncy castle.  I love bouncy castles.  It's nice having Erin, because the staff let me in when I lie, "Oh, yeah, my nine-month-old daughter really, really wants to go in.  Really." Erin loved it.  She totally went bananas.

5 comments:

Carol said...

What great shots!! Looks like a fun event. I think Erin will be running with you next year!

John Judy said...

Is your team logo a horse's head in a fireplace?

Bold.

Brian said...

Your powers of perception are very great, Mr. Judy. It is indeed what you said.

Ang and Becky found the pony head while walking near our rental house at the Newport Marathon in May. We have worshiped her ever since.

Dr. A said...

I've never heard Erin laugh so hard as she did in the bouncy castle. It must be in the Mc-side of her genome.

amycs said...

I love bouncy houses, too. Did you know you can buy your own and blow it up anytime you want? I can't fit one in our backyard, but I think one would fit in yours...