Monday, March 8, 2010

Rock City

Erin doesn't have school Mondays, so she and I gave Mom the day off and went for a trip up to Rock City in Mt. Diablo State Park.  I haven't been here since high school, and I found it to be better than I remembered.  There were great sandstone boulders to clamber over, scenic picnic spots, and a wonderful feeling of being far away from it all.

Thumbs up!

Erin took to the rock climbing a little too well -- she's fearless, unlike her father. "Woah, woah, woah! That's too high, there, kiddo. Wait for Dad." I was kept on my toes.

King of the hill

Rock climber

6 comments:

Carol said...

Very cute. David & I just checked this out!!! Home tomorrow. Looks like a fun day!

Christie said...

Two weeks with her baby sister and Erin's already climbing the, uh, rocks. :)

Sharon and Matt said...

Looks fun!! I want to come next time!

Christina said...

What stuck me the most about these pics is that she really looks like a big kid now! Slowly losing the toddler look! Super cute pics and it looks like a good time!

Christina said...

struck- not stuck...sorry.

Kathleen said...

awesome. Erin is so cure with her little fleece!